Carolyn Peckham, Brooklyn, WI
Name: Carolyn Peckham
Location: Brooklyn, WI; Southwestern Wisconsin
- Master’s Certificate in Dispute Resolution, Marquette University;
- Certificate Program in Divorce Mediation and completion of Mediation and Domestic Abuse course, University of Wisconsin Professional Development;
- Facilitation Certificate from the University of Wisconsin-Madison Office of Human Resource Development;
- Master’s Credits in Educational Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee;
- Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology, University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse;
- Special Education Mediation Training and Update Workshops;
- Many other mediation training and continuing education programs
Current Position: Mediator and Owner, Smooth Transitions LLC, a conflict resolution, group process facilitation, and planning firm. Please visit www.smoothtransitionsllc.com for more information.
Past Positions: Senior Labor Relations Consultant, E.J. Malek and Associates, Inc.; Program Coordinator for Displaced Worker Programs, State of Wisconsin; Public Policy Research Manager, Mathematica Policy Research
Mediation Experience: Carolyn has been directly involved in facilitating solution building processes since 1988. The types of disputes she has helped resolve include:
- Organizational dynamics, labor-management & employment issues;
- Public policy;
- Land use, boundary agreements & urban planning;
- Family business, commercial and consumer; and,
- Special education.
Building and sustaining multiple party alliances became a special interest area for Carolyn’s practice. She has worked on more than 25 projects to assist organizations to form and manage complex alliances.
My Perspective on the Mediation Process: Carolyn believes in creating a safe, fair and inclusive environment in which parties can engage in effective problem solving. She helps clients build understanding and expand the options they have for responding to challenging situations. When parties have a variety of options to consider they can build better solutions together.
Disclaimer: Carolyn is a contributor to her local school district and parent advocacy organizations. She donated a used pick-up truck to the Oregon School District Shop Class and has made financial donations toWI FACETS during their Diamonds in the Rough fund raiser. She also supports the Three Gaits Therapeutic Riding Center near Oregon, WI with in kind and financial donations each year.